Learning & Participation Officer
Please see below for full details
Learning and Participation Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Birmingham Ormiston Academy (BOA) is a 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and currently has over 1000 students.
In 2014, BOA won a tender to manage and operate The Old Rep Theatre. Our vision for The Old Rep is a theatre for young people, run by young people. The Old Rep is our second campus and has both amateur and professional company performances.
We are keen to appoint a Learning and Participation Officer to increase awareness of and access to the Old Rep Theatre and its art forms by leading the delivery of a programme of learning and participation activities.
The person we seek to appoint will have a demonstrable commitment and knowledge in arts education, excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and will be able to use initiative as a team worker.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A degree or equivalent in the arts or background of arts experience
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of the art forms of drama, music, dance, performing arts within formal education and/or community education context
- Knowledge and experience of current arts education theory and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders in a range of settings, both internal and external.
- Ability to undertake a varied workload in a busy environment, working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in close collaboration as part of a team and to embrace a cross art form approach is essential.
- Awareness of customer care, health and safety, child protection and equal opportunities issues.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- A willingness to work as producer on our Christmas show.
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
- An active engagement with digital and social media
- Ability to represent the values of the Old Rep Theatre sensitively and appropriately.
- Dynamic with innovative ideas and a passion for the arts and learning.
- Energetic commitment to raising the aspirations of the whole Old Rep Theatre Learning and Participation
- Sense of humour, resilience and generosity of spirit
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education and the arts within a world-class theatre. If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd February 2020 9:00am
Interviews are scheduled to take place: Week Beginning 10th February 2020
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Contact: Nicole Nienaber
Telephone: 0121 359 9346