Young people need to develop skills, knowledge and understanding beyond their core study programme. At BOA, time is allocated to the study of a Citizenship GCSE and structured Personal Development Time.
All students study a Citizenship GCSE qualification that covers the following key areas of content:
- Citizenship skills, processes and methods
- Life in modern Britain
- Rights and responsibilities
- Politics and participation
- Active citizenship
Personal Development Time
- Every day in PDT and tutorial lessons students cover improtant developmental topics such as Effective learning techniques, RE, British Values, E-safety, Equality and Diversity, Sex Education, Time Management, Mental and Physical Wellbeing, Study Skills..
- Students also recieve 1-1 pastoral support and coaching from their tutor every Friday afternoon.
- Students enguage in Physical Education, not only in their pathways but also by accessing our fully equiped Gym after Tutoral time on Fridays