OPEN EVENT BOOKING
Open EVENING for Key stage 4 (Year 10) and Key Stage 5 (Year 12) – THURSDAY 14th JANUARY 2021: BOOK NOW
Due to unprecedented demand we are announcing another Open Evening for Birmingham Ormiston Academy on Thursday 14th January 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you to the building and to showing you the facilities we have on offer for courses at Key Stage 4 and Post 16.
There will be a presentation in BOA Theatre, delivered by the CEO of BOA group (Gaynor Cheshire) and the Principal of BOA (Alistair Chattaway). This is scheduled to last between 30 to 40 minutes and will provide you all with a clear overview of education at BOA. There will also be time for any questions at the end of the presentation. Members of the Senior Leadership Team will be on hand around the building to guide visitors to various spaces, as well as small groups of staff, who will be on hand to answer any questions.
We will ensure all visitors are able to visit the following:
- An exhibition by Visual Art & Design;
- The television studio, radio suites and broadcast facilities;
- The Games Design New Media suite;
- The Recording Studio and ‘live room’;
- The Learning Resource Centre;
- Examples of rehearsal spaces and studios used by Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre;
- The Technical Theatre Arts workshops;
- Curriculum Support;
- The Fitness Suite;
- Examples of standard classrooms, each displaying details of the GCSE and A’ Level subjects on offer.
Health and Safety Guidance:
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, it is important to ensure BOA is a COVID-19 secure environment during the open evening event:
- Visitors should not attend the open evening event if they, a) are displaying any of the known symptoms of the virus, and b) if they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- All visitors should use the hand sanitising stations at BOA Reception as they arrive and must wear face coverings around the building, unless health issues prevent certain visitors from using these for long periods of time.
- All visitors should follow the guidance on handwashing and ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ whilst on Academy site.
- BOA Theatre will be cleaned in between the presentations and we will ask ‘bubbles’ to sit together. We will then ensure there is space between each visiting ‘bubble’. All seats are in rows and facing forwards, in line with the guidance from the Department for Education (DFE) and NHS.
- Members of staff will be positioned around the Academy and will be wearing face shields throughout the event. We ask all visitors to respect the 2-metre rule during any interactions with members of staff.
If you have booked the 6.00pm presentation, please arrive from 5.45pm onwards for a 6.00pm start.
If you have booked the 7.00pm presentation, please arrive from 6.45pm onwards for a 7.00pm start.
If you have booked the 8.00pm presentation, we advise you to arrive at BOA for 7.15pm in order to tour the Academy ahead of the 8.00pm presentation.
This is a ticketed event and tickets must be booked in advance through www.ticketsource.co.uk/boa
Timed tickets are for the presentation in the BOA Theatre. You will then have the opportunity to tour the school. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the presentation unless you have an 8:00pm ticket where we invite you to tour the academy before the presentation between 7:00pm and 8:00pm. In the presentation, the CEO of the BOA Group and the Principal of BOA will provide information on education at the academy. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we would appreciate your support when booking tickets for the presentation. It would help us if families could limit the booking to one adult plus prospective student. Please contact the academy directly if this poses any issues. As we are adhering to social distancing guidelines those without tickets will not be admitted.