Director of Humanities
See below for full details
Director of Humanities
Permanent, Full time
Salary: £44,496 - £55,620
Birmingham Ormiston Academy (BOA) is one of the most successful state-funded, 14-19 academies in the country. We specialise in creative, digital and performing arts. The academy opened in 2011 and has 1030 students on roll (330 at KS4 and 700 at Post-16). Student results speak for themselves and are well above the national average. Our intake is 100% selective, based on aptitude within the specialism rather than academic ability. As a result, we are unique in our admissions.
Located in the centre of Birmingham and within the hub of the creative and digital industries in the West Midlands, we benefit from superb facilities for academic, vocational and extra-curricular activities. We are part of the BOA Group, a trust which includes other subsidiaries including The Old Rep Theatre.
We are keen to appoint a Director of Humanities who, as well as having a strong academic record as an outstanding lead teacher of Geography, will provide outstanding line management across the Citizenship, History and Modern Languages areas. You will have high expectations and will be able to manage a dedicated team of curriculum leads and teaching staff. You will be confident in your ability to deliver a vision for the curriculum area that ensures academic results continue to improve and, above all, exceed expectations.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status and a degree
- A strong track record as an outstanding teacher of Geography
- A passion for the Humanities subjects which is evident in your day-to-day classroom practice
- Proven leadership skills
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage a curriculum area
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development as a tutor, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
- An understanding of key national and academic policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, a good sense of humour and approachability
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 9am 27th January 2020
Start date: September 2020
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Address: 1 Grosvenor Street, Birmingham, B4 7QD
Telephone: 0121 359 9300
Web site: www.boa-academy.co.uk
For further details and an application pack, please contact Nicole Nienaber firstname.lastname@example.org
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.