Teacher of English
Teacher of English
Full time, permanent (Part time also considered)
Salary: £26, 195 to £42,430
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in English. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced English teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
All BOA students are selected through aptitude in their chosen arts specialism and will follow either a Creative, Digital or Performing Arts pathway. All students are entered for AQA GCSE English Language and AQA GCSE English Literature. A’ Level English Literature (OCR) is a popular option subject at Post-16. Outcomes in English at BOA are excellent.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status and a degree
- A strong track record as an outstanding Teacher of English or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
- A passion for English which is evident in their day-to-day classroom practice
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
- Exceptional personal organisation and time-management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development as a tutor in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
- An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt positively in the face of change
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world-class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.