Apprentice Audio Technician
£ 161.25 per week
Monday - Friday (some evening and weekend work required)
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Birmingham Ormiston Academy are looking for a new Apprentice Audio Technician to join their vibrant team based in Birmingham City Centre
To be the apprentice to the Senior Audio Technician, assisting with the preparation and smooth running of sound, music, radio and AV technology for performances, events and classroom based activities.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of high quality music recordings for use as evidence for GCSE, A’Level, and BTEC qualifications, and for use in academy promotional activities.
- Assist in preparing for and delivering high quality sound and visual support for events, performances, broadcasts, conferences and hires both on and off site.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the specialist equipment and software in the radio studios, ensuring minimum station downtime.
- Assist in providing technical support for music technology, music, and radio lessons as requested by the teachers.
- Assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of all music, radio, sound and academy AV equipment.
- Ensure the safe, secure and effective usage of all music, radio and sound related equipment.
- Demonstrate and aid in professional recording, mixing and mastering using academy recording studio activities.
- Assist with training staff and students in audio recording and live sound techniques and practises.
- Log and maintain bookable music, radio, sound and academy AV equipment.
- Ensure the security of music, radio, sound and academy AV equipment at the end of the academy day.
- Assist with processing damaged equipment for repairs.
- Assist with preparing purchase orders and provide recommendations for the purchasing of equipment/services.
- Assist with ensuring a safe and tidy environment in all working areas within the department and building.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and safety in all areas of work.
- Uphold the academy child protection, safeguarding and discipline policies and procedures.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post-holder will be expected to undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Music, Principal or Vice Principal.
- Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and Reliable
Training to be Provided
Creative Venue Technician Level 3 Standard
Full time employment